Legal Internship – Fall 2023
The City of Scranton Law Department seeks forward-thinking, public-spirited law students for a Part-Time Legal Internship.
- Time Commitment: 4+ hours/week, minimum 10 weeks, beginning approximately September 5, 2023
- Applicants interested in a full-time internship will also be considered
- Eligibility: Current law student or recent law school graduate
- Graduate students in public policy or a similar field will also be considered
- Location: Remote
- Research legal questions on a range of municipal powers and activities
- Provide legal and policy assistance on city projects, such as civil rights, taxes, city administration, and community development
- Support other departments’ efforts in the areas of your interest
- Other duties as assigned
- Description: Intern will report to the Deputy Solicitor and/or the Solicitor and/or other Assistant Solicitors. The internship is unpaid; however, the Law Department is committed to providing a fulfilling and educational internship experience tailored to the intern. Intern will check in with supervisors as needed. Supervisors will make themselves available for mentorship, feedback, and other professional development support, during the internship and beyond. Supervisors will support applications for academic credit or outside funding.
- Ideal Candidate:
- 2L or 3L
- Public interest work experience (government and/or non-profit)
- Able to research independently across federal, state, and municipal law (with appropriate guidance)
- Eager to make a difference for the City of Scranton’s residents
To apply, please email your resume and, in the body of your email, a brief cover letter (3-4 sentences is sufficient) to Deputy Solicitor Andrew Cutillo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be considered, and interviews will be granted, on a rolling basis.
Applicants are encouraged to submit promptly, and applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.