Assist Building Maintenance staff with cleaning, maintaining, and updating city buildings, including City Hall, SPD, SFD, DPW, and helping with Weston Field.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Perform highly diversified duties to help maintain City of Scranton facilities and equipment.
– Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
– Use a variety of hand and power tools.
– Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
– Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
– Operation of riding and push mowers, grounds trimmers and snow removal.
– Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
– Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
– Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings and paints.
– Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal.
– May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts and orders parts as needed.
– Must be able to move and lift up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
– Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Director/Supervisor.
Required Training, Experience, Knowledges, Skills and Abilities
Must hold a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Last modified: September 12, 2022