The Public Safety Technician will handle the day to day operations of the Information Technology department regarding the onboarding processes as it relates to City employees obtaining technological devices and support from the department. This is technical work and will report and operate under the direct supervision of the department director.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Responsible for the installation of any and all new computers, telecommunications, and/or computer systems to new City employees and officials
– Provide in-depth and on-site training exercises and experience to employees in order to promote productivity when using technology
– Track, upload and maintain new software updates for all City computers, telecommunications and other devices used by City employees and officials
– Assist the Police Department in installation and set-up of computers for all patrol officers and law enforcement officials that require proper technology in motor-vehicles
– Provide backup support to the Network Systems Administrators with any and all technological issues, as needed
– Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Director/Supervisor
Required Training, Experience, Knowledges, Skills and Abilities
Bachelor’s degree in information technology or any closely related field from an accredited college or university.
Some knowledge of general business practices as they relate to public administration.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates and the general public.
Ability to work independently on difficult or complex secretarial tasks.
Ability to exercise professionalism, good judgement.
Highly proficient with computers, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
Last modified: May 6, 2022