CITY OF SCRANTON FIRE DEPARTMENT INTERN
Through this internship in the Fire Department, you will learn and be given hands on experience in community outreach and engagement on behalf of the City of Scranton. The City of Scranton is currently seeking a self-driven, motivated candidate looking to promote key safety initiatives in various ways as a representative using a wide array of platforms.
The intern will have a range of responsibilities, act under the direct supervision of the Superintendent of Fire.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in communication and outreach connected to the departments smoke detector program.
- Assist in communicating with vulnerable population throughout the City of Scranton.
- Use of social media and other platforms to promote the fire safety.
- Participate in the City of Scranton’s Pop Up Town Halls.
- Assist in communications during Fire Inspections.
- Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Executive Director.
Skills and Background:
- Fluency in Spanish; Written and Verbal
- Proficient with various computer systems (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent Communication skills (Both orally and written)
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, government officials, and the general public
- Ability to take on and handle multiple projects
- Ability to deal with difficult situations accurately and effectively
This internship requires you to work at least twenty (20) hours per week. Hours are flexible in regard to specific times and days.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to Morgan Fetsock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last modified: November 2, 2022