STEP 1: Deadline August 30th, 2022
To apply for LSA funding, the City must first create a Resolution for City Council and Mayoral review and approval. In order to submit this documentation, applicants (applying organizations) must provide the City with a project overview and budget. The deadline is August 30th, 2022. No consideration will be accepted after the deadline.
- Project Overview: A paragraph with high level details is sufficient.
- Budget: Includes cost estimates to substantiate the LSA funding request.
STEP 2: Deadline September 22nd, 2022
The Applicant (applying organization) is responsible for writing the grant. The questions and character limits are attached in this email…our suggestion is to review the character limits BEFORE writing your application. The full application should be emailed to Tiffany Cross-Luciani at email@example.com by September 22nd, 2022 for the City to properly submit the full application using the online Single Application for Assistance. Full documentation for submission of a LSA grant includes:
- Project Description: Provide a description of the project which discusses all the following:
- A clear, concise and focused description of the proposed project to include specific project activities and expected results;
- The specific location of the project site;
- As applicable, identification of the project as a priority investment in a local or regional economic development plan or strategy;
- If applicable, the anticipated positive economic development and/or community impact of the project;
- As applicable, a detailed, color-coded map with a color legend that shows a clear illustration of the project to include street names and project boundaries (note: this is not applicable, for example, when requesting equipment or single-site renovation/rehab/construction) and;
- Estimated start and end dates for project costs.
- Cost Estimate(s): Provide a detailed estimate of project costs. The estimate must be dated and current (within 1 year of application submission). Engineering and construction estimates must be provided by a PA licensed engineer or qualified professional. Estimates of costs for specified products, materials, equipment, etc. must be in writing from a qualified vendor.
- Resolution: Public sector applicants, provide a resolution duly adopted by the applicant’s governing board formally requesting the grant, designating two officials to execute all documents, describing briefly the project scope, and identifying the grant amount.
- Matching Funds: As applicable, provide copies of funding commitment letters from all other project funding sources. Applicants providing match from their organizational funds should provide evidence to show these funds are available – financials, loan commitments, etc.
To submit your LSA Application, there is a $100.00 fee, which is required by to the Commonwealth Financing Authority (CFA). The City of Scranton does NOT charge any filling fee, however The City of Scranton will include Administration costs in the grant application at 5% and should the project be funded, any further administration costs will be included in the grant.
Important note: No project expenses applied for can be paid or incurred prior to the date of CFA approval.
Last modified: August 19, 2022