The Manager position is an administrative and supervisory position and serves as support staff to the Director of the Department of Code Enforcement.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist the Director in oversight and supervision of the Department of Code Enforcement Housing Inspectors, and reports directly to the Director.
- Responsible for training staff in Open Gov software and other applicable software and programs.
- Responsible for supervision, assignment, and management of Code Enforcement Cases.
- Responsible for timely response to Code Enforcement complaints.
- Responsible for assisting the Director in adopting and implementing administrative policies and procedures for all assigned functions of the department
- Assists the Director in training, digital training, and evaluating all departmental administrative and inspection personnel.
- Coordinates with the Director all department activities, related to code enforcement, Quality of Life Tickets and International Property Maintenance Code enforcement.
- Attendance at various meetings as directed by the Director.
- Attendance to on call situation such as call outs after hours.
- Responsible for monthly Open Gov Code Enforcement reports to the Director of the Department of Community Development.
- Other Duties as required
Required Training, Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
- Administrative or supervisory experience preferred
- Relevant computer knowledge
- Ability to work independently on difficult or complex secretarial tasks
- Ability to exercise good judgement, professionalism, and tact in answering questions of the public and personnel
- Certified as a Building Code Official (BCO) and International Property Maintenance Code certificate within 6 months.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Last modified: November 2, 2022