Assist Building Maintenance staff with cleaning, maintaining, and updating city buildings, including City Hall, SPD, SFD, DPW, and helping with Weston Field.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform highly diversified duties to help maintain City of Scranton facilities and equipment.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Operation of riding and push mowers, grounds trimmers and snow removal.
- Performs minor and major repair of all buildings and equipment.
- Responds to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings and paints.
- Performs outside custodial duties such as snow removal.
- May obtain estimates for supplies, repair parts and orders parts as needed.
- Must be able to move and lift up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times.
- Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Director/Supervisor.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must hold a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license.
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently.
Part-Time Maintenance | Job Description
Last modified: March 3, 2023