The City of Scranton is extending its Storm Recovery Outreach to Saturday, September 16th, and the following week, to further assist residents and businesses that have faced damages and losses from the September 9th storm.
Saturday, September 16th:
10:00AM-1:00PM at Weston Field, 982 Providence Rd., Scranton, PA 18508
Monday, September 18th:
11:00AM-1:00PM at Weston Field, 982 Providence Rd., Scranton, PA 18508
Tuesday, September 19th:
4:00PM-6:00PM at Weston Field, 982 Providence Rd., Scranton, PA 18508
Wednesday, September 20th:
8:00AM-10:00AM at Weston Field, 982 Providence Rd., Scranton, PA 18508
City officials will be available to support impacted residents in reporting damages and to provide recovery resources, answer questions, and collect ideas for further assistance.
Resources for impacted residents include:
- NEW: Scranton Counseling Center will have a crisis worker on-site on Saturday toconnect residents to mental health resources
- Clean-up supplies and tools from NeighborWorks and Lackawanna Heritage Valley
- Access to clinic staff and primary wound assessments from Scranton Primary HealthCare Center
- Wi-Fi and laptops to report damages via PEMA’s Public Damage Assessment Link
- Food vouchers and meals from local restaurants, including McDonald’s, GoodfellasPizza, Cooper’s Seafood, and more
- Emergency housing information from United Neighborhood Centers of NEPA
- Temporary housing information and resources from the Scranton Housing Authority
Residents and businesses should continue to report property damage using PEMA’s Damage Assessment hub here: https://damage-assessment-3-pema.hub.arcgis.com/
The link will be open until September 24.
Contact Morgan Fetsock at 570-504-4943 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you are a Scranton resident needing transportation assistance to attend the event, a business or restaurant interested in contributing recovery supplies or food, or for any questions regarding the Storm Recovery Outreach Events.
Last modified: September 16, 2023