Administrative Assistant | Permit Clerk
This position is responsible for the organization of all permits that come into the Department of Licensing, Inspections, and Permits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for processing building, electrical, plumbing, and sign permits.
- Disseminate and process all licensing to the public, to include contractors licenses, dog licenses, dumpster permits, scrapyard licenses, sanitation haulers, etc.
- Perform duties in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner when dealing with public complaints.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Dispatch inspectors out to complaints
- Communicate and provide information by relevant methods internally and externally assist and enable organizational operations and effective services to connecting groups.
- Manage, organize, and update relevant data using database applications
- Respond to complaints from the public and inform property owners of the issues
- Assist at the counter with permit applications, condemnation policies, and new business information.
- Answer phones and respond to questions
- Process payments from customers and input funds into the cash register
- Fill in for employees within the department in the event of absence.
- Report on-call for work as requested by the Department and/or Deputy Director.
- Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Director/Supervisor
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to learn applicable procedural guidelines related to permits, codes, ordinances, and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to accurately deal with difficult situations
- High School graduate or equivalency