Animal Control Officer | Part-Time
This is routine animal apprehension rescue and control work. Work is performed under the direction of an administrative superior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers complaints from the public regarding animals.
- Investigates calls on injured animals, notifies owners or disposes of animals.
- May destroy animals, if required.
- Makes investigations of animal law violations and alleged nuisances.
- Maintains records and prepares reports as required.
- Follows up on animal bites and licenses.
- Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Director/Supervisor.
Required Training, Experience, Knowledges, Skills and Abilities
- Possession of a valid driver’s license issued by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Ability to professionally deal with difficult situations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High School graduate or equivalency.