The Confidential Secretary serves as support staff to the Director of Human Resources. The Confidential Secretary performs a variety of secretarial duties involved with the administration of the Human Resources Department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform confidential secretarial and clerical tasks of a varied nature, requiring a thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations of the City and the frequent exercise of independent judgment;
- Handle mail and correspondence of the office, responding to routine requests for information, and transcribing, word processing, and proofing letters and responses;
- Assist the administrator in the preparation of reports and documents by gathering and organizing data, performing research, creating graphics and displays, using word processing and data management, creating an attractive presentation, and transmitting or distributing final products;
- Be responsible for compilation of documents needed for collective negotiations and labor matters;
- Serve as liaison between the public, departments, business representatives and the Director;
- Maintain the calendar for the Director of Human Resources by planning and scheduling conferences, meetings, and deadlines;
- Develop and utilize filing systems and data sets related to personnel matters;
- Work in a close continual relationship with managerial personnel who participate in the collective bargaining on behalf of the City;
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to labor relations, contractual negotiations, and other matters;
- Other duties as required.
Required Training, Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent;
- Secretarial experience preferred;
- Human Resource experience preferred;
- Relevant computer knowledge;
- Ability to work independently on difficult or complex secretarial tasks;
- Ability to exercise good judgment, professionalism, and tact in interacting with employees and the public.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.