The Development Coordinator position shall be a shared employee of the Office of Community Development and Scranton School District. The position will be a dual report to the Director of the Office of Community Development and the Scranton School District. The Development Coordinator will develop, manage, and administer funding sources for the City of Scranton and the Scranton School District and will split time working for the City and the Scranton School District.
Essential Job Functions:
- Researching funding opportunities.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs of both organizations.
- Developing all relative grant applications and materials.
- Analyze the feasibility of the projects budget.
- Initiating and administering new programs and special initiatives as required.
- Preparing applications for eligibility and coordinating staff participation in projects.
- Planning, directing, and monitoring grant compliance.
- Preparing all invoicing and reports as required.
- Maintains positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintains records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
- Maintain communication with federal, state and local officials and stakeholders.
- Other duties as required.
Required Training, Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Requires a minimum of a BA/BS in Government, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 4-years’ experience in grant writing, research, and administration.
- Thorough knowledge of government affairs, philanthropic, state, and federal level grant writing.
- Background in financial administration, accounting, data analysis, and research skills;
- Knowledge of grant policies applicable to the City of Scranton and Scranton School District, knowledge and exposure to the federal and state government’s funding processes and familiarity with funding for educational systems.
- Familiar with educational, government and nongovernment grant programs
- Ability to accurately deal with difficult situations and to work in Team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Display meticulous grammar and spelling.
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.