Pay a Bill

Paying 2021 Real Estate Taxes and Refuse Fees

To provide a single point of payment and align due dates, the 2021 refuse fees are included on the City/School District/County real estate tax bill. These bills were issued by the Single Tax Office in February 2021.

The Mayor and her administration are dedicated to improving accountability to City of Scranton citizens, including accountability and transparency in the work of our public and private partners who collect taxes and fees. For questions or problems with paying your 2021 taxes and refuse fees, or with getting receipts, please contact the Treasurer’s Bureau at or 570-348-4107.

To pay your 2021 real estate tax and refuse fee bill, contact the Single Tax Office at the Lackawanna County Government Center at 123 Wyoming Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503. Phone number: 570-963-6756.

Paying Delinquent Refuse Fees

The City of Scranton has engaged Portnoff Law Associates, LTD to collect its delinquent refuse fees. The transition to the new collector is underway. In the meantime, payments can be sent to the Treasurer, City of Scranton, 340 N. Washington Avenue; Scranton, PA 18503.

Paying Delinquent Real Estate Taxes

At the City of Scranton it is our responsibility to balance effective tax collection with consideration for the current financial hardships that many Scranton residents and business owners are experiencing due to circumstances beyond their control. Effective January 1, 2021, the City entered into a new agreement with the Lackawanna County Tax Claim Bureau to collect delinquent real estate taxes. The City expects this new relationship to provide improved consistency in services to taxpayers and accountability to the City.

Many in our community are struggling financially as a result of job losses and health problems. As a result, our administration has worked with the Tax Claim Bureau to ensure that you have options for paying your taxes if you are experiencing hardship. You can contact the Tax Claim Bureau at 570-963-6734 to inquire about:

  • Statutorily established payment plan procedures.
  • Statutorily established deferral programs for older adults (65 and over).
  • Procedures for consideration about erroneous billing and/or corrections in accounting for payments.

The City is working with the Tax Claim Bureau to track all of these activities and ensure fair and consistent services are provided and and accounted for accurately. We are here to work with you.

To pay delinquent City real estate taxes, please contact the Lackawanna County Tax Claim Bureau at 570-963-6734. The Tax Claim Bureau is located at the Lackawanna County Government Center at 123 Wyoming Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503. For any questions or concerns, you can also contact the City’s Treasurer’s Bureau at and 570-348-4107.

Comments are closed.

Skip to content