December 14, 2022
The Zoning Hearing Board of the City of Scranton hereby gives notice that it will conduct a public hearing at City Hall, 340 N. Washington Ave., City Council Chambers (2nd Floor) on Wednesday, December 14th, 2022, 6:00 PM. to consider, deliberate, discuss and/or take official action on any matter that may lawfully come before it and to consider and take action on the following applications:
- 1. Wolfe Enterprises seeks variance to use home as 3-unit dwelling at 1611 Prospect Ave. R-1A Zone.
- 2. Electric City Solar Initiative II LLC, seeks an interpretation/ Zoning Hearing Board approval under Section 105.B. Uses Not Specifically Regulated, to construct a solar array on a 73 Acre site located in the rear of the 800 Blk. of N Keyser Ave. off Graham St. (Parcel # 13304020012) C-G and R-1 Zones)
- 3. Jose Dias seeks variance to construct a private garage as principal structure (home to be built in future) at 524 Alder St. R-2 Zone
- 4. Khaled Eissa seeks variance to reestablish discontinued non-conforming building as 6-unit home at 630 Clay Ave. R-1A Zone.
- 5. Macciocco Corp. appeals Zoning Officer’s notice of violation regarding expansion of non-conforming use in residential zone and/or seeks variance to expand non-conforming restaurant use at 1610 Washburn St. R-2 Zone
- 6. Electric City Development LLC seeks variance for reduction in required parking from 1.5 to 1 space per unit for the development of a 24 unit apartment building at 315 Popular St. C-G zone.
- 7. Rafiq Ahmed & Mussarat Ahmed seek variance to use property as a 2-unit home at 409 Honesdale St. I-L Zone
- 8. Marcelino Gonzalez seeks a setback variance to construct a 2-car garage within 1 foot on right and left sides. R-1A Zone.
- 9. 722 Cherry St LLC seeks variance to add 5th unit to 722 Cherry St. R-1A Zone.
10. Scranton Primary Health Care seeks variance to construct a building addition with elevator and stair tower to increase accessibility. Seeks reduction of front setback to 1.25 feet (10′ required), seeks impervious coverage of 93.33% (90% max) and reduction of required parking spaces from 95 to 51 at 959 Wyoming Ave. I-L Zone.
Anyone interested in becoming a party to the above listed cases or have any questions regarding the hearing are directed to contact the City Zoning Officer at 570-348-4280 or by email at email@example.com.
Shawn Walsh, Chairman, Scranton Zoning Hearing Board
Public Participation Welcome.