The Zoning Hearing Board of the City of Scranton hereby gives notice that it will conduct a public hearing at City Hall, 340 N. Washington Ave., City Council Chambers (2nd Floor) on Wednesday, November 9, 2022, 6:00 PM. to consider, deliberate, discuss and/or take official action on any matter that may lawfully come before it and to consider and take action on the following applications:
1. Yeshiva Beth Moshe seeks variance to construct new dormitory building and to provide fewer than the required parking spaces to serve its students who are required to live on campus at 930 Hickory St. R-1A Zone. (Continued from 8/10/22 hearing)
2. Thomas Hoppel seeks variance to covert 1 unit home to 2-unit home, 507-09-11-13 River St. R-2 zone. (continued from 9/28/22 hearing)
3. Jose L Florentino seeks variance to covert former funeral home/ apt. to 4-unit dwelling at 1101 Prospect Ave. R-1A Zone (Continued from 8/10/22 hearing)
4. Wolfe Enterprises seeks variance to use home as 3-unit dwelling at 1611 Prospect Ave. R-1A Zone.
5. Karen Reyes seeks variance to use 2 bedrooms (of 6 in home) to be rented out as short-term rental (AirB&B) at 2 Elmhurst Blvd. R-1 Zone
6. Scranton School District seeks Front setback and Impervious coverage variances for an addition to the Robert Morris Elementary School, 1824 Boulevard Ave. C-N & R-1A Zones
7. Electric City Solar Initiative II LLC, seeks an interpretation/ Zoning Hearing Board approval under Section 105.B. Uses Not Specifically Regulated, to construct a solar array on a 73 Acre site located in the rear of the 800 Blk. of N Keyser Ave. off Graham St. (Parcel # 13304020012) C-G and R-1 Zones)
8. Maria Genao seeks variance to operate a day care for up to 6 children at 1837 Bundy St. R-1A zone.
9. Jose Dias seeks variance to construct a private garage as principal structure (home to be built in future) at 524 Alder St. R-2 Zone
10. Khaled Eissa seeks variance to use building as 3-unit home at 630 Clay Ave. R-1A Zone. 11. Matthew Sfarra seeks variance to covert existing garage to one bedroom Unit for Care of Relative. Variance is to allow unit in unattached building on lot. R-1A zone.
Anyone interested in becoming a party to the above listed cases or have any questions regarding the hearing are directed to contact the City Zoning Officer OFFICER at 570-348-4280 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shawn Walsh, Chairman, Scranton Zoning Hearing Board
Public Participation Welcome.