Refuse & Recycling
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Phone: (570) 348-4180
Recycling bins are available at 101 West Poplar Street, Scranton, PA 18509
Red Recycling Bin – newspaper, magazines, catalogs & phonebooks
Blue Recycling Bin – glass, cans & plastic
How to prepare recyclables:
- Remove food and drink waste from containers by a quick rinse.
- Discard liners from boxes.
- Put shredded paper in a clear plastic bag.
- Flattening plastic bottles will make more room.
- Please do not place broken glass in the recycling bin.
Comingle Containers (cans, bottles, jars)
- Bottles & Jars only!
- The tops should be thrown away.
- NO windows, mugs or glasses etc.
- Aluminum & Steel (Tin)
- Beverage & Food containers
- Bottles, Jars & Milk, soda, water, soaps, Please throw away the lids (unless attached)
NO cups, toys, plant pots etc.
The following cannot be recycled:
Food wrappers, paper or foam dishes/cups, snack bags, straws, utensils, wraps and film.
Please check with your DPW for information on recycling leaves, grass, brush and also the collection of bulk amounts of boxes and office paper.