Construction Coordinator – CDBG
The Construction Coordinator supports the Director in the development and Implementation of all OCD Federal/State funded programs. The position works with the Administration, City Council, Small Business Owners, Community Partners, Governmental entities and others associated with community and economic development initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with HUD CAPER
- Assist with HUD Yearly Action Plan
- Assist with HUD Committee Work
- Prepare legislation for Executive Director review and submission
- Track resolutions/ordinances
- CBDG Construction Projects oversight, including bidding, contracts, change orders, inspections, and labor compliance
- HUD employee interviews
- CDBG Non construction Projects
- Revitalization – West Scranton – Pinebrook- etc.
- Research and compile data relative to the support of new and existing community and economic development programs.
- Public Relations
- Provide guidance to CDBG programs
- Data entry in IDIS system
- Public speaking and/or meetings to discuss OCD program
- Beautiful Blocks Program
- Program compliance
- Utilization of CoStars program
- Attend available training as required
- Document archiving
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY:
- Public policy, planning, economics, community development and/or political science coursework.
- Familiar with Federal & State Economic Development and Housing programs
- Ability to accurately deal with difficult situations and to work in Team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
The Construction Coordinator must attain residence in the City of Scranton within six (6) months from the date of their appointment, proven by deed, rent receipt, lease, and/or utility bills. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.