Mary Jo Sheridan – City Treasurer
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Phone: (570) 348-4107
Responsibilities of the Bureau include the following:
- Collecting, recording, and depositing receipts into City bank accounts.
- Transferring funds between accounts as directed by the Finance Manager or the Business Administrator.
- Maintaining the City’s refuse fee billing database, including vetting of properties in coordination with the DPW and Code Enforcement.
- Providing constituent services related to taxes, fees, and other questions about City services.
- Conducting reviews of revenue, expenditure, and escrow accounts, as well as internal control reviews, as deemed necessary by the Business Administrator.
- Vetting the City tax and fee status of prospective employees and board appointees.
- Billing for false alarms, Act 98 fire loss and condemnation escrows.
- Distributing City employees’ payroll checks.
- Serving as a member of the Lackawanna County Land Bank Board.
- City Taxes & Fees: What’s New
If you have any questions or concerns, contact the City’s Treasury Office by calling (570) 348-4107 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- January 12, 2021: City Hall open by appointment only
Beginning today, City Hall will be open by appointment only For Treasury, please call (570)348-4107, for Code Enforcement (Licensing, Inspections, …