Frank Swietnicki – Director
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Phone: (570) 969-6658
Fax: (570) 348-4148
The Department of Information Technology is responsible for the leadership of city-wide administrative information support and network services. The department is comprised of, Information Services, Internet Services, Graphic/Web design, and Help Desk Operators including microcomputer support.
Essential responsibilities of the Department:
- Provides leadership to the City for information technology services in support of administrative and governmental concerns.
- Assists in developing city-wide strategic technology plan, with particular emphasis on administrative systems and uses.
- Directs and manages the planning, budgeting and operations of the Information Technology Department, including the city-wide network, supporting data, voice and video.
- Hires, trains (or directs training of), supervises, and evaluates the performance of information services and network staff.
- Long range plan including consideration of hardware and software, human resources, facilities, etc.
- Coordinates the development and extension of administrative information technology and network services with user departments throughout the city.
- Serves as a technical resource to departments regarding network and information technology.
- Fosters a widespread awareness of good computer ethics within the city community.
- Responsible for the sourcing, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, operation and support for Internet Web interface applications and systems using leading technologies.
- Assist users in the proper and efficient use of the system.
|Jason DeBiasi||Network Administrator|
|Amanda Hallock||Digital Transformation Specialist|
|(Unfilled)||Public Safety IT Specialist|