September 28, 2022
The Zoning Hearing Board of the City of Scranton hereby gives notice that it will conduct a Public Hearing at City Hall, 340 N. Washington Ave., City Council Chambers (2nd Floor) on Wednesday, September 28, 2022, at 6:00 PM. to consider, deliberate, discuss and/or take official action on any matter that may lawfully come before it and to consider and take action on the following applications:
- 1. Yeshiva Beth Moshe seeks variance to construct new dormitory building and to provide fewer than the required parking spaces to serve its students who are required to live on campus at 930 Hickory St. R-1A Zone (Continued from 8/10/22 hearing)
- 2. Thomas Hoppel seeks variance to covert 1 unit home to 2-unit home, 507-09-11 River St. R-2 zone.
- 3. Robert Franklin seeks special exception to covert former American Legion Post 908 to Ice Cream Shop, Event Shop and/or small retail shop and enlarge building greater the 5% at 625 Deacon St. R-2 Zone
- 4. Real Estate Magnate LLC seeks special exception to convert office space to additional dwelling unit at 202 N. Main Ave. C-N Zone
- 5. Gabriel Gilgallon seeks variance to convert single family home into multi-unit home at 1100 Price St. R-2 zone.
- 6. Wood Street Properties seeks special exception to reestablish retail store front at 801 S. Webster Ave. R-1A Zone.
Anyone interested in becoming a party to the above listed cases or have any questions regarding the hearing are directed to contact the Acting Zoning Officer at 570-348-4280 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shawn Walsh, Chairman, Scranton Zoning Hearing Board.
Public Participation Welcome.