Fall 2023 Internship | Mayor’s Office
Through this internship in the Mayor’s Office, you will learn the function of municipal
government and be given hands on experience in community outreach and engagement.
The City of Scranton seeks a positive, community-minded candidate who seeks hands on experience in government. This intern will have a range of responsibilities and act under the direct supervision of the Mayor in the Office of the Mayor.
- Assist with Pop-Up City Hall’s and other City Events.
- Assist with constituent outreach.
- Communicate with the public and City departments.
- Other related, necessary duties as required by the Mayor.
Skills and Background:
- Proficient with various computer systems (Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (both orally and written).
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, government
officials, and the general public.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations accurately and effectively.
- Must have a valid driver’s license or reliable personal transportation around the City.
This is a paid internship that requires approximately 20- 30 hours per week. Hours are flexible
regarding specific times and days.
The internship will take place at City Hall, 340 North Washington Ave. in downtown Scranton, and will require travel throughout the entire city.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter and resume to Kaitlin Scott, Executive Assistant to Mayor, at email@example.com and Allyson Fitch, HR Confidential Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org