Request Video Footage

To request video footage you must:

  1. Determine if the surveillance video was made by a public or private entity. If the video belongs to a private entity, the only means to gather copies of the footage is to initiate a legal proceeding and issue a subpoena for the video. Many times, the police or a merchant will voluntarily release surveillance video if they are part of an investigation of a crime.
  2. Determine the proper party for records requests for the public entity that made the surveillance footage. The Scranton Police Department has an official custodian who handles records requests.
  3. Complete a formal written records request. The request should list the date, time and place the surveillance took place. The request should also state if the footage should be provided on thumb drive or on a CD.
  4. Take the request to the Scranton Police Department and attach a check for any fees charged for the footage.

Comments are closed.

Skip to content