The Public Safety Technician will handle the day-to-day operations of the Information Technology department regarding the onboarding processes as it relates to City employees obtaining technological devices and support from the department. This is technical work and will report and operate under the direct supervision of the department director.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide in-depth and on-site training exercises and experience to employees in order to promote productivity when using technology
- Track, upload, and maintain new software updates for all City computers, telecommunications, and other devices used by City employees and officials
- Assist the Police Department in using and managing various digital/software systems
- Manage the department’s help desk ticketing system
- Expedite business-critical system and user support as needed
- Work with all departments to support the OpenGov platform
- Provide organizational support in the form of vendor management
- Provide phone system support for both individual devices and organization wide telecommunication.
- Support the organization’s website and intranet content to ensure accuracy and timeliness. All communication requests will be fulfilled within 48 business hours of completed request.
- Provide ongoing data analysis of online outlines to provide up to the minute information to department heads in a format that helps enhance City services.
- Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Director/Supervisor.
Required Training, Experience, Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or any closely related field from an accredited college or university.
- Knowledge of general business practices as they relate to public administration.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors, subordinates, and the general public.
Ability to work independently on difficult or complex secretarial tasks.
- Ability to exercise professionalism, good judgement.
- Highly proficient with computers, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Experience working with WordPress, Microsoft SharePoint, and OpenGov’s ERP system a plus.