Community Outreach and Services Coordinator
The Community Outreach and Services Coordinator supports the Mayor/Executive Director/Manager/City Administration in the outreach and coordination of all Federal/State/Locally funded programs. The position works with the City Staff, Community Partners, Governmental entities, and others associated with community and economic development initiatives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct community engagement efforts to local constituencies including community organizations, residents, service providers, volunteers, and other community stakeholders.
- Represent the city at community events, neighborhood associations, and networking groups.
- Targeted outreach to key constituencies to promote the HUD and city programs, assess community needs, and identify new opportunities for service delivery as needed in the community.
- Responsible for coordinating public service programs.
- Assists in drafting city newsletter.
- Responsible for evaluating equity in the city’s programs.
- Provide leadership and/or support as needed for special events, programs, both internal and external, to the organization.
- Expand programming opportunities through diversity and inclusion outreach to priority diverse populations among Hispanic/Latino, African American, and LGBT constituencies.
- Data entry in IDIS system
- Data entry in Neighborly System
- Program compliance
- Attend training
- Other duties as assigned
Skills & Background:
- Public policy, planning, economics, community development and/or political science coursework.
- Familiar with Federal & State Economic Development and Housing programs
- Ability to accurately deal with difficult situations and to work in Team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Bilingual preferred
- Proficient computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.