Historical Architecture Review Board
Purpose: The purpose of Historical Architecture Review Board (HARB) is to protect those areas of the City of Scranton which are historic, architectural, cultural, archaeological, educational, and aesthetic merit to the City of Scranton, the State and Nation.
Meetings: HARB meets at 5:30pm on the second Thursday of each month. A yearly ad is placed in the Times with dates and time. Due to COVID-19 this Board is meeting via Zoom/ECTV until further notice.
Solicitor: Timothy Corbett, Esq.
|Lee G. Borthwick, PE (Engineer)||10-11-2021|
|Richard J. Leonori, AIA -Chairman (Architect)||When Replaced|
|William Lesniak (Architectural Heritage Association)||10-11-2022|
|Michael Muller (AIA & NCARB)||10-11-2021|
|Nell O’Boyle (Real Estate Broker)||10-11-2024|
|Katie Gilmartin (Property Owner)||10-11-2022|
|Jennifer Davis (Sordoni Construction)||2-9-2022|
|Katie Kearney (Historian)||2-9-2022|
Membership Rules: The Commission shall consist of nine residents of the City of Scranton not employ of the City who shall serve without remuneration and shall be composed of the following:
- 1 Registered Architect
- 1 licensed Real Estate Broker
- 1 property owner at-large
- 1 Registered Engineer
- 1 member of Architectural Heritage Association
- 1 person who by training experience
- 1 Licensed Contractor
- 1 property owner whose property is located within or interest is qualified to carry out Historic District or Landmark property duties as member of the commission
- 1 Member who professional training or occupation is Urban Planner, Architectural Historian, Archaeologist etc.