Historical Architecture Review Board
Purpose: The purpose of Historical Architecture Review Board (HARB) is to protect those areas of the City of Scranton which are historic, architectural, cultural, archaeological, educational, and aesthetic merit to the City of Scranton, the State and Nation.
Meetings: HARB meets at 5:30pm on the second Thursday of each month. A yearly ad was placed in the Times with dates and time. Due to COVID-19 this Board is meeting via Zoom/ECTV until further notice.
2022 Schedule pending Certificate of Appropriateness are sent in will be as follows: January 3rd, February 10th, March 10th, April 14th, May 12th, June 9th, July 14th, August 11th, September 8th, October 13th, November 10th December 8th.
HARB is currently looking for a member from the City of Scranton to fill the Engineer position – please send resume to:
Morgan Festock – 340 N. Washington Avenue, Scranton, PA 18503
Solicitor: Timothy Corbett, Esq.
|Richard J. Leonori, AIA -Chairman (Architect)||When Replaced|
|William Lesniak (Architectural Heritage Association)||10-11-2022|
|Michael Muller (AIA & NCARB)||10-11-2021|
|(Real Estate Broker)||10-11-2024|
|Katie Gilmartin (Property Owner)||10-11-2022|
|Jennifer Davis (Contractor)||2-9-2022|
|Katie Kearney (Historian)||2-9-2022|
Membership Rules: The Commission shall consist of nine residents of the City of Scranton not employ of the City who shall serve without remuneration and shall be composed of the following:
- 1 Registered Architect
- 1 licensed Real Estate Broker
- 1 property owner at-large
- 1 Registered Engineer
- 1 member of Architectural Heritage Association
- 1 person who by training experience
- 1 Licensed Contractor
- 1 property owner whose property is located within or interest is qualified to carry out Historic District or Landmark property duties as member of the commission
- 1 Member who professional training or occupation is Urban Planner, Architectural Historian, Archaeologist etc.