Routine secretarial duties for the Police Department including everyday office tasks, typing and computer work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and maintain, files, forms, reports and other job related paperwork in accordance with police operations.
- Operate typewriter, word processor and computer.
- Compile tabulations from records.
- Answer telephones, routing messages accordingly.
- Perform other secretarial duties at the direction of a police supervisor.
- Other related, necessary duties as required by the Department Director/Supervisor.
REQUIRED TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of modern office practices.
Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
Ability to write legibly.
Ability to maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers.
Ability to learn tasks, readily adhere to routines and develop skill in the operation of common office equipment.
High School graduate or equivalency.
Experience in general office duties.
Subject of background evaluation.
Subject to drug screens.
Cross-trained to perform other functions within SIT secretarial pool.
Subject to periodic evaluation of job performance.
Last modified: November 2, 2022